Wednesday, October 22, 2014

On the Farm


Most recently I fell in absolute love with the On the Farm line by Riley Blake.  My youngest Robot Child is obsessed with piggies, so when we saw those cute little piggies I knew I had to make it.
This one isn't for her, but I will be making her a bigger version as demanded by Robot Child #2.


I love the colors in this line too.  I decided to go with a red candy apple minky for the back.  Ooooh, it's so delicious.  I can't keep my hands off it.  I chose a polka dot red to bind it with...I'm still not quite sure it pulls everything together, kind of wishing I would have gone with the green/pink plaid print for the binding, but oh well.  Too late now!


I cross-hatch quilted it, with red thread on the bottom, cream on top.  I am in love with how the quilting turned out on the back.  Altho I immensely hate despise the mess that minky makes, I have gotten over my fear of quilting with it.  It's really quite easy and I do love the end result.
I made myself a quilt a while ago (still need to show that) and I backed it with a grey minky.  This quilt lays on my bed and I sleep with it every night....I often find myself rubbing the minky like a 3 year old.  I just need my thumb in my mouth next. Haha. It's amazing.


Quilt Stats:
Simple patchwork
Fabric - On the Farm by Riley Blake
Measures approx: 36 x 42
Backed in Candy Apple Red Minky
Cross-hatch quilted
Inspiration:  Love of piggies ;)

Linking to:
Quilt Story
Blossom Heart Quilts
I have to say...


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little quilt. Sometimes a simple patchwork is the way to go. And minky makes everything better! :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!